Rupert L. Lyn Global Learning Capstone Scholarship
Rupert L. Lyn, Jr. was a passionate, fun-loving force in the world. He was known by friends and family for his altruistic values, sense of humor, and commitment to being a light in others’ lives. Messages of grief following his passing streamed in from around the world and showcased his influence, inspiring his family to open a scholarship fund dedicated to continuing his legacy of meaningful connections.
The purpose of this scholarship fund is to support students pursuing the FIU Global Learning Medallion to be able to complete a capstone project: globally focused research, internship, fellowship, study abroad, or language study.
Students will be selected based on meeting the criteria of a capstone project set forth by the Office of Global Learning Initiatives and selected based on proven financial need in order to continue and finalize said project.
The recipient will receive a $500 scholarship award.
Applications open each Fall.
- Full time undergraduate student
- Enrolled in the Global Learning Medallion program at FIU
- 2.5 minimum GPA
Help support global learning students doing important work by donating to one of our Global Learning Scholarships. For more information (and to donate), please visit our Campaign Page:
Rupert L. Lyn Global Learning Capstone Scholarship: https://go.fiu.edu/305GLCapstone
Past scholarship winners
Anastasia Romayrie Legouté - Funds support a research-based project, "Between Feminism and History: Women in the Haitian Revolution", which includes informational webinars and a "Haitian Coffee Hour" to help educate various communities about Haitian heroines.
- Nathalie Saliba - Funds support a research project, “Out of Cuba: The trip of Brother Marie-Victorin, founder of the Tropical Botanic Garden of Montreal, to Colombia, Jamaica, and Trinidad (Year 1941)”
- Jolieth Pineiro - Funds support a research project examining connections between gender and genocide particularly impacting indigenous women in Guatemala
- Emily Morgan - Funds support internship with the Harimaru Conservation Organization to research conservation efforts in Sumatra, specifically agricultural practices