Making Global Learning Universal: Promoting Inclusion and Success for All Students
By Hilary Landorf, Stephanie Doscher, Jaffus Hardrick
Foreword by Caryn McTighe Musil
While there is wide consensus in higher education that global learning is essential for all students’ success, there are few models of how to achieve this goal. The authors of this book, all of whom are from one of the nation’s largest and most diverse research universities, provide such a model and, in doing so, offer readers a broad definition of global learning that both encompasses a wide variety of modes and experiences—in-person, online, and in co-curricular activities at home and abroad—and engages all students on campus. They provide a replicable set of strategies that embed global learning throughout the curriculum and facilitate high quality, high-impact global learning for all students.
On global learning at FIU
- Inside Higher Ed: No Certificate of Global Citizenship
- AAC&U Diversity & Democracy: Defining Global Learning at FIU
- Inside Higher Ed: The “I” in FIU
- AAC&U News: Global Learning for Global Citizenship at Florida International University
- NAFSA: The Ascent of Global Learning
- IIE Networker: Promoting Engagement in Curriculum Internationalization
- FIU Magazine: Global learning expands undergraduates’ worldviews with experiences in and out of the classroom
- FIU Magazine: Promoting Health Equity in Guatemala
- ACE: Internationalization in Action
On global learning and campus internationalization
- Speech given by FIU President Mark B. Rosenberg, as plenary speaker at the Internationalization of U.S. Education in the 21st Century conference sponsored by the Coalition for International Education and the College of William and Mary on April 12, 2014.
- New York Times: Go West, Young People, and East!
- Inside Higher Ed: Grappling with Global Learning
- Inside Higher Ed: Globalization of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Higher Education: U.S. Will Make Broader Global Skills for College Students a New Priority
- NPR: Globals Generation Focuses on Experience
- AAC&U: Assessing Liberal Education Using VALUE Rubrics