The Global Learning Medallion is an interactive, participatory program consisting of an extensive series of courses and activities designed to enhance your global awareness, global perspective, and attitude of global engagement.
Participation in the Medallion program connects you to high impact opportunities such as exclusive internships, student organizations focused on international and intercultural issues, education abroad, and the opportunity to exchange ideas and network during roundtable discussions.
Completion of the program is a great way to showcase your achievements and experiences to future employers and graduate schools.
What you'll learn
All courses and activities included for the Global Learning Medallion are designed to increase your:
- Global awareness: knowledge of the interrelatedness of local, global, international, and intercultural issues, trends, and systems
- Global perspective: the ability to conduct a multi-perspective analysis of local, global, international, and intercultural problems
- Global engagement: willingness to engage in local, global, international, and intercultural problem solving
Important enrollment information
- The Medallion is open to current FIU undergraduate students
- Fully-online students can earn the Medallion too! Just check the box on the sign up form if you take 100% of your classes online, every semester.
- You must sign up for the Medallion to start earning points
- Enrollment during your final semester is not permitted
As a Medallion student, you will receive personalized mentorship in order to identify the specific, qualifying opportunities that are most relevant to your academic and career goals. If you have questions about this program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete a minimum of 4 global learning-designated courses with a grade of C or higher. Transfer students with 60 or more credits only need 2 global learning-designated courses.
A 3.0 final, cumulative FIU GPA at the time of graduation.
Visit our Global learning courses page.
Ready to start your journey?
The Global Learning Medallion program is made to enhance your global awareness, connects you to invaluable opportunities, and is a great way to strengthen your resume. Join a network of over 260 graduates!
Now that you've signed up for the Medallion program, it's time to get started!
The Medallion program works on a point-based system. These points are earned from attending events and completing activities listed here, shared on our social media and in our GLM newsletter, The Globe. Students can earn either one point or five points based on the activity or event they are completing.
Make a submission
Ready to submit the points you collected during the semester?
Make a submission.