Activity Point Requirement
Your goal is to earn 20 total activity points throughout the duration of the program.
How To Log and Track Your Points
- DOWNLOAD the Official Global Learning Medallion Activity Points Log (click here).
- BRING the log to all activities you participate in.
- COMPLETE an entry on the log, with official signatures, for each point you earn
- UPLOAD your log ONCE PER SEMESTER by clicking here. Uploading every semester is required so that we may verify your entries and signatures, and so that we have a digital record of your log in the event that you lose it. Uploads are due by the last day of each Finals Week.
How To Earn Points
- The Tuesday Times Roundtable (click link for full schedule) is held every week during the Fall and Spring semesters and should be your primary event to attend, if you are available from 12:30-1:30pm on Tuesdays!
- Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA)
ONLY EVENTS THAT WERE HOSTED BY THE ABOVE DEPARTMENTS, LISTED ON THE ABOVE TABLE, OR EMAILED TO THE GLOBAL LEARNING MEDALLION EMAIL LIST ARE ELIGIBLE FOR POINTS. OTHER POINT LOG ENTRIES WILL NOT BE HONORED.
5 points will be awarded to students who have participated in FIU clubs and organizations if the following criteria are all met:
- Participation is in a leadership role (executive board, chair, or coordinator of any specific event or project)
- Participation lasted for the duration of at least one full semester
- The mission of the club or organization is clearly international or intercultural or otherwise clearly fits the learning outcomes promoted by the Global Learning Medallion (global awareness, global perspective, and global engagement).
Log your club participation on your points log along with the dates of participation and the signature of the club advisor. If you are unsure if your club meets these criteria, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with further information on your club.
Please note that students who log points for their leadership role in an approved organization will NOT be able to also log points for attending events hosted by that organization during semesters when they held a position.
Center for Leadership and Service Programs:
*Programs are application based and applications are accepted only during scheduled recruitment periods.
Second Capstone and Short Study Abroad
If you participated in a study abroad trip or global internship lasting 19 days or fewer, this experience will count as a 5 point activity.
If you did two Capstone experiences (such as a study abroad and internship), the second experience will count as a 5 point activity.
Policy on Retroactive and Repeated Activities:
You may only earn 5 points one time from each activity (For example, you could earn 10 points by participating in both Model UN and Alternative Breaks, but not by doing Alternative Breaks twice or participating in the same club for multiple semesters).
Some previously-completed multi-point experiences will be considered for approval on a case-by-case basis if done within the past 2 years. No retroactive credit for 1-point activities will be considered.