Earn a Prestigious Global Distinction
The Excellence in Global Learning Medallion is awarded to students upon graduation who have completed an extensive curriculum and co-curriculum designed to enhance global awareness, global perspective, and an attitude of global engagement in FIU’s World Ahead graduates.
Specifically, the Medallion can be earned by satisfying each of the five criteria categories listed below:[table “34” not found /]
Students will require at minimum one full academic year to complete the Medallion, even if some criteria are already met. (The Medallion will be awarded for the first time for students graduating in Spring 2015).
The Global Learning Medallion:
- Offers tangible evidence and recognition of your specific achievements and experiences to employers and graduate schools
- Connects you to personalized mentorship to help you identify and take advantage of the available global opportunities at FIU which best align with your goals
- Encourages you to become fully engaged in local and global issues and to view the world from multiple perspectives in order to be successful in a global society
All courses and activities included for the Global Learning Medallion are designed to increase your:
- Global Awareness: knowledge of the interrelatedness of local, global, international, and intercultural issues, trends, and systems
- Global Perspective: the ability to conduct a multi-perspective analysis of local, global, international, and intercultural problems
- Global Engagement: willingness to engage in local, global, international, and intercultural problem solving.
If you have questions about this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A purchase price of $15.35 will be due upon completion of the program to cover the costs of the medal, ribbon, and certificate.