Attend the Institute for International Education Best Practices Conference at FIU!
The Institute for International Education (IIE) is hosting their 2017 “Best Practices in Internationalizing the Campus” conference March 13-14 at the Modesto A. Maidique Campus at our FIU! Leading experts in the field and the winners of the 2017 Andrew Heiskell Awards for Innovation in International Education will present successful models and strategies for internationalizing the campus. The conference will focus on themes such as internationalization strategies, expanding participation in study abroad, and building international partnerships. There will be optional pre-conference roundtables and a networking reception held the day before the main conference on Monday, March 13, 2017.
FIU Faculty, Staff, and Students can register at the IIE member rate of $295 and then apply an additional 50% FIU Discount. To receive the FIU discount code, please contact the Office of Faculty & Global Affairs at 305-348-8267.
Pre-Conference Concurrent Roundtable Discussions and Networking Reception on Monday, March 13, 2017:
· Academic Engagement with Latin America, with emphasis on Cuba
· Globalizing University Research: Innovation, Collaboration, and Competition
Best Practices Conference on Tuesday, March 14, 2017. Conference sessions will feature best practices in the following areas:
· Strategic Planning for Comprehensive Internationalization
· Best Practices in Expanding Participation in Study Abroad
· New Strategies for Global Engagement and Partnerships