Members of GLOBEd are the official representatives of the Global Learning for Global Citizenship initiative. The group presents to incoming transfer students at Orientation, plans and promotes events with a global focus on campus, and represents the student body in high level meetings pertaining to the implementation of the Global Learning program.
Current GLOBEd Student Representatives are:
- David Zaret is a sophomore majoring in Philosophy. Prior to FIU, he attended Barry University where he was involved with Student Government, service learning, and was a member of the Political Science Association.
- Francesca Bacarossi is a freshman majoring in Public Relations, and is a member of the Honors College Leadership Council.
- Dalny Ruel is a junior majoring in Communication Studies. She is involved with Student Government Association, Dance Marathon, Student Programming Council, and Alternative Breaks. She has also served as an Orientation Peer Advisor.
- Anastasia Seldinskaya is a sophomore majoring in International Business, and has served as an Orientation Peer Advisor.
- Isary Tamayo is a junior majoring in International Relations and Political Science. A member of FIU's Honors College, she is also part of Phi Kappa Phi, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Gamma Epsilon Phi, the Student Alumni Association, Le Cerde Francais, and the Program in International Security Studies.
The GLOBEd Team is coordinated and advised by Eric Feldman in the Office of Global Learning Initiatives. If you have questions or are interested in being involved, email email@example.com.